Whether you are an organisation that is taking advantage of overseas resources, or an individual working in Australia on a visa, our team provides extensive support surrounding expatriate workers. Our expertise in expatriate tax makes a local playing field global.
We address the tax issues that are relevant for UK expatriates living in Australia; and for Australian expatriates living in the UK, which include the following:
- Tax issues arising on immigration to Australia or the UK;
- UK property disposals and lodgement of UK Non-Resident Capital Gains Tax (NRCGT) returns;
- Online lodgement of UK and Australian income tax returns;
- Australian taxation of UK pension schemes;
- UK taxation of Australian superannuation funds;
- UK and Australian taxation of foreign life policies and investment bonds;
- UK and Australian estate planning issues including the interaction of UK inheritance tax (IHT) and Australian capital gains tax (CGT) on death;
- UK and Australian cross-border tax issues involving trusts;
- Application of the UK/Australian Double Tax Agreement;
- Tax issues affecting family businesses expanding to the UK and/or Australia;
- Structuring of businesses that operate cross-border between the UK and Australia;
- Employees seconded across border between the UK and Australia; and
- GST issues affecting UK businesses expanding to Australia.